push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
“Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.”—Unknown (via sugarpumpkin)
Hi :) I am interested in what kind of diet one should follow thats best insync with spirituality. Do you ave any knowledge on this? What do you usually drink? i know most waters and drinks have fluoride and its tough finding pure fluid sources
There are many diets across the world. I believe that firstly a diet that comes direct from the Mother Earth, would be spiritually uplifting. So, although we don’t have time to actually go forage or cultivate produce, the next best thing is buying local vegetables and dairy products.
Other than that, the specific choices are up to the individual, and cater to that person’s body type, genetic make up, etc. Personally, I’ve found that when I eat very high vibrational foods I become less grounded and it makes me feel very ‘lifted’- like a natural high. So I may do some Raw Food Cleansing in the summer, when it’s hot. Along with some fasting, eating just fruit and vegetables, in their raw state is almost like drug tripping- for me. So in terms of a sustainable lifestyle, I opt for a vegetarian diet.
My choices keep wheat products to a minimum. I tend to eat a lot of soups in the winter. I find that root vegetables and warm soups keep me grounded. Every once in a while I have a glass of local, grass fed, raw cow’s milk. This means the milk is not pasteurized or homogenized, and allows for proper digestion. Raw milk is a major part of the Yogi’s Sattvic (pure) diet. Occasionally, I may eat a local chicken or duck egg. I find that these animals products supplement, what is in fact, a vegan diet.
I do believe, for me at least, that eating animal flesh is not something I prefer, and vibrationally I believe meat to be ‘dead’- so it resonates at that level. But, there are many cultures that eat meat or fish often, or sparsely and are very healthy. According to the Yogi’s, purification of diet goes in a hierarchy. First one cuts out meat, then meat and dairy, then everything except fruit, finally the Yogi can survive off of just Prana (energy from the Sun and Air).
But practically, I think it’s most important to have good nutrition, and lessen the amount of toxins coming into the body for spiritual growth in a modern context. Toxins this will disturb your energies on various levels. So you may consider completely cutting out highly processed foods, and meat from bad sources. This is a topic of vast proportions in today’s world, so I encourage you to do your own research, and make your own conclusions and decisions on what specific things are okay.
It is true that Fluoridation of water is harmful on multiple levels. Personally, I get a lot of water from coconut water, and fruits (in the summer). In the winter I have my water filter. I use the Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System. It’s 80 dollars and it filters out chemicals and re-mineralizes as well as alkalizes your water. The other option for drinking water is going to a natural spring, or well nearby. I do this on occasion. For my shower I have a filter that gets out about 70-80% of flouride and chlorine. That is made by Aquasana.
Keep in mind that if you’re buying a filter that gets nearly 100% of fluoride removed you want to stay away from ones that use Alumina, and go with the carbon. It’s my opinion, from observing myself, that if you eat foods that cleanse Fluoride, than you’ll be find. Your body can process it if it has the right tools. I recommend ZeoForce Zeolite, which is a high grade clay that you can take internally. You can put it in a smoothie or whatever, and it will cleanse your body of toxic materials that come in ChemTrails etc- (ZeoForce™ zeolite ultimate detox for heavy metals, man made chemicals, radiation.) So, don’t worry about totally filtering out fluoride, as much as just having supplements that clear you of it.
So, I hope I was clear about the diet for spirituality. It is has been known that eating meat is not necessarily attributed to the Yogic lifestyle, or that of a Buddhist Monk. But I’m stressing that it’s important for the individual practicing in modern culture, to have good nutrition, and be well nourished rather than just cut things out of their diet because of ‘vibes’. Along those lines, I think that Veganism is an extreme, it is possible to pull of in a healthy way, but you would need to really get a lot of Superfoods, and so forth to be fully mineralized, and have your vitamins. I also believe that Raw Food diet is extreme, and a fad. It’s a good cleanse but not a sustainable diet. If you feel you’re thriving on either of those diets- good for you! I’m not hating. I just think people considering a change in diet should understand that Veganism and specially Raw Foods in general are a hugely promoted trend recently, and there’s never been multiple generations of human beings, having kids, etc, on that diet. There’s certainly been vegetarians, who have some milk and sometimes eggs. Anyways, I also want to point out with Juice Fasting, Cleasing and Raw Foods, if you purify yourself for two weeks, and jump back to a Standard American Diet, it’s very unhealthy- it actually makes things worse. (I don’t want to go off on a tangent, buttttt… people who are not cleansed have a mucous lining protecting their digestive system. If you cleanse out that musous you’re more susceptible to harmful contents in today’s food!)
SO WHAT’S MOST IMPORTANT IS!!!!…. Whatever you do… DO IT GRADUALLY. It’s all about CONSISTENCY! Slowly feel your way through a diet shift. Introduce new healthy things, and when you remove things from your diet, don’t do it all at once. It will be hard mentally to refrain from eating things, and bouncing around, back and forth, is not good for the body. You want to be sure that you’re ready for whatever commitment you’re making- so don’t just dive- test the waters first!
I know that might ruffle some feathers, so to speak, but keep in mind, and I’ve published this before, it’s important to be balanced, grounded and not get too caught up in the “New Age” trends. The New Age Movement was created by the Theosophy Society- look into them- they’re related to the same people who decide to Flouride in your water.. hm…
So I’m encouraging you to do what’s best for your body! Eat a well balanced diet. Maybe ease off the processed foods, and unnecessary amounts of meat and dairy. Try to eliminate foods from these major corporations and eat locally.
There is an entire universe that exists solely in your mind that is impossible to completely share with another person. You are a god onto yourself as beautiful and cruel as you wish to be. That is the realest shit ever.
Crystals have certain meaning associated with them, for a quick answer to a question put these crystals into a bag and pick one. If two or three fall into your hand at the same time, read the meanings from them all. (the Crystal Bible - Judy Hall)
Amethyst:A life change and shift in consciousness. Faithfulness in love, freedom from jealousy.
Agate:Worldly success or a pleasant surprise. Good health, wealth and log life. Particularly lucky for people connected with the land.
Blue Lace Agate:Healing is needed.
Black Agate:Needs and will find courage and prosperity.
Red Agate:Health and longevity are yours.
Bloodstone:Unpleasant surprise, unlikely to be illness.
Red Jasper:Pay attention to earthly affairs.
Aventurine:Future growth and expansion are possible.
Garnet:A letter is on it's way.
Citrine:Celestial wisdom is advising you.
Diamond (or clear quartz):Permanence. Business advancement. If the crystal loses it's sparkle, betrayal.
Emerald:Fertility or a secret admirer. If colour pales, love is fading.
Hematite:New opportunities await.
Jade:Needs and will find immortality and perfection.
Lapis Lazuli:Divine favor is yours.
Quartz:Be sure to clarify issues you asked about and those that arise.
Rose Quartz:Love and self healing are needed and will come.
Snow Quartz:Profound changes are coming.
Ruby:Power and passion, good fortune and friendship but beware of strangers.
Sapphire:Truth and chastity and the past will catch up with you.
Snowflake Obsidian:End of challenging time.
Tiger's Eye:All is not as it appears to be.
Unakite:Compromise and integration.
Opal:Death or endings. If the crystal loses its brilliance, an unfaithful lover.